[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk, Taqua T7000, and you guessed it, SS7

Bryan Scott sirbryan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 01:26:22 CDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 6:23 PM, Paul Timmins wrote:

> I started with CIC 73 so they would match the asterisk channels for
> better debugging. Set your SS7 trunk to SLC 1. I couldn't make it work
> on SLC 0. No idea why.

The Taqua is 1 too?  Regardless of Asterisk's setting, it shows the SLC 0.  Setting the Taqua to 1 causes the F-Link to go down and Asterisk complains.

> Additionally, I had to change the following headers in libss7's mtp2.h
> to keep the link stable:
>
> /* ANSI links */
> #define ANSI_TIMER_T1 13002
> #define ANSI_TIMER_T2 12000
> #define ANSI_TIMER_T3 11800
> #define ANSI_TIMER_T4_NORMAL 2300
> #define ANSI_TIMER_T4_EMERGENCY 593

Your values match the timers in Taqua's default Linkset settings.  I'm betting you could probably change them in the switch to match the default mtp2.h, but I tried your suggestion anyway.

I got a couple more lines of useful info when the link comes up, but I'm still getting complaints of unconfigured CICs and the T7000 shows the CICs as being blocked.

I'm running Asterisk 1.6.2.6, libss7 1.0.2, libpri 1.4.10.2, and dahdi-2.2.1.

-- Bryan