[asterisk-ss7] A question about PRI cards and SS7

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Thu Apr 22 12:48:42 CDT 2010

Hello,

Just to set your basics right.
All the cards support E1, and what follows there after is the software
stack supporting either PRI or SS7 stack.

This is same with dialogic n with digium's or sangoma's cards.

Sangoma's card however support their proprietary SMG SS7 software,
while chan_ss7 or libss7 are open stacks that work with asterisk and
are work in progress software but they have been built to a point
where by it can be used on production environment with expert
consultants helping u around if u feel it's too difficult for you to
handle all by urself (the classic opensource support model)

Hope this helps, if you need further help feel free go contact me off
the list,

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,