[asterisk-ss7] SS7 MAP Support for Asterisk

Paul Bagyenda bagyenda at dsmagic.com
Wed Oct 28 01:06:07 CDT 2009

Essentially what you need is the ability to send the signalling
traffic over IP, right?

  A while back I posted our initial attempts at getting this in place: http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-ss7@lists.digium.com/msg02760.html

Essentially the first thing that's needed is M3UA. Attached is a diff
and two files to get this to work with libss7. Beyond that you need
SCCP (for most MAP that's class 0 and 1, which is easy to add). Not
done work on that (yet). Then MAP, decoding/encoding of which is not
difficult with the write asn.1 lib/tools.

All the same, here is the m3ua code, perhaps it can serve as a start.