[asterisk-ss7] SS7 / SIO messages

Erik Wartusch erik.wartusch at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 08:30:17 CST 2009

Dear Asterisk SS7 Mailing list!

We have the requirement of a telco (ss7 link to them) on MTP level 2:

"You should be able to send periodicaly SIO followed by SIOS signal in
case the link is blocked from our side". So something regarding an
reconnect attempt and timers.

We tested that once [with libss7 (libss7-branch) and asterisk-1.6.0
trunk] and they claimed we dont fulfill that (on other side Siemens
EWSD). libss7 is not resending the messages periodically they claimed.

Can somebody bring some light into this? Is this implemented in libss7
or configurable? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Erik