[asterisk-ss7] Problem with CGB/CGBA and NAI

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Tue Mar 31 14:35:19 CDT 2009

Sorry for the high latency on this, but it has been really busy.  This 
looks like it could be a bug in the configuration file parsing code.

Can you try the attached patch for me and tell me if the NAI goes to 
what you set it to?  (it should apply ok against 1.6)

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.

Bartosz Supczinski wrote:
> Hi,
> I've set up an SS7 link, the connection works in both directions but  
> I  have 2 problems which I am not able to solve.
> I don't knot even if it's an Asterisk, Dahdi or libss7 issue or maybe   
> the configuration or the software environment. The second problem is  
> being encountered by other people too. I've found some descriptions,  
> but unfortunately none of them contained a solution.
> * The first problem is about blocking a group of channels. During some  
> tests with telecom it occured that when telecom blocks a group of  
> channel Asterisk gets a "CGB" and it replies "CGBA", and despite of  
> that Asterisk is trying to get through the blocked channels by sending  
> "IAM". From the superior tel. exchange it gets "BLO" and replies "BLA"  
> and after that it starts to treat the channel as a blocked one and  
> doesn't occupy it anymore. The above error doesn't allow passing the  
> compatibility tests, which are required by telecom.
> * The second problem is about "NAI", no matter how I configure  
> "ss7_called_nai" and "ss7_calling_nai" Asterisk sends "Nature of  
> address: 0" in "IAM", even when NAI = "dynamic" is set. I've managed  
> to correct this by forcing settings in "chan_dahdi.c"
> - ss7_called_nai = p->ss7->called_nai;
> + ss7_called_nai = SS7_NAI_NATIONAL;
> - ss7_calling_nai = p->ss7->calling_nai;
> + ss7_calling_nai = SS7_NAI_NATIONAL;
> Nevertheless it is unacceptable, because telecom expects "NAI=3" while  
> doing national calls and "NAI=4" with international calls.
> Maybe somebody would be interested in these problems and may help me  
> solve them.
> Asterisk:
> Dahdi:
> Dahdi Tools:
> LibSS7: 1.0.2
> Linux: 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 SMP x86_64 Intel Xeon
> Gcc: Version 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r3) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
> Cards: Wildcard TE410P (3rd Gen), Wildcard TDM2400P
> http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/modules
> http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/system.conf
> http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/chan_dahdi.conf
> http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/extensions.conf
> Reguards.
> Bartosz Supczinski
> _______________________________________________
> --Bandwidth and Colocation Provided by http://www.api-digital.com--
> asterisk-ss7 mailing list
> To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit:
>    http://lists.digium.com/mailman/listinfo/asterisk-ss7

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: ss7_nai_fix.diff
Url: http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-ss7/attachments/20090331/b332c837/attachment.txt 

More information about the asterisk-ss7 mailing list