[asterisk-ss7] Problem with CGB/CGBA and NAI

Bartosz Supczinski Bartosz.Supczinski at dir.pl
Fri Mar 27 12:41:59 CDT 2009

Hi,

I've set up an SS7 link, the connection works in both directions but I
have 2
problems which I am not able to solve.

I don't knot even if it's an Asterisk, Dahdi or libss6 issue or maybe
the
configuration or the software environment. The second problem is being
encountered by other people too. I've found some descriptions, but
unfortunately none of them contained a solution.

* The first problem is about blocking a group of channels. During some
tests
with telecom it occured that when telecom blocks a group of channel
Asterisk
gets a "CGB" and it replies "CGBA", and despite of that Asterisk is
trying to
get through the blocked channels by sending "IAM". From the superior
tel.
exchange it gets "BLO" and replies "BLA" and after that it starts to
treat
the channel as a blocked one and doesn't occupy it anymore. The above
error
doesn't allow passing the compatibility tests, which are required by
telecom.

* The second problem is about "NAI", no matter how I
configure "ss7_called_nai" and "ss7_calling_nai" Asterisk sends
"Nature of
address: 0" in "IAM", even when NAI = "dynamic" is set. I've managed to
correct this by forcing settings in "chan_dahdi.c"

- ss7_called_nai = p->ss7->called_nai;
+ ss7_called_nai = SS7_NAI_NATIONAL;
- ss7_calling_nai = p->ss7->calling_nai;
+ ss7_calling_nai = SS7_NAI_NATIONAL;

Nevertheless it is unacceptable, because telecom expects "NAI=3" while
doing
national calls and "NAI=4" with international calls.

Maybe somebody would be interested in these problems and may help me
solve
them.

Asterisk: 1.6.0.6
Dahdi: 2.1.0.4
Dahdi Tools: 2.1.0.2
LibSS7: 1.0.2
Linux: 2.6.25-gentoo-r7 SMP x86_64 Intel Xeon
Gcc: Version 4.1.1 (Gentoo 4.1.1-r3) x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
Cards: Wildcard TE410P (3rd Gen), Wildcard TDM2400P

http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/modules
http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/system.conf
http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/chan_dahdi.conf
http://www.dir.pl/~bartek/files/extensions.conf