[asterisk-ss7] (no subject)

mahmood at potentrix.com mahmood at potentrix.com
Thu Mar 26 20:41:20 CDT 2009

Guys,

I am having problem where when I request the incoming switch to transfer the caller to a different extension using out-of-band mechanism I get the following error

ERROR[7175] chan_dahdi.c: !! Unable to handle message of type 0x3 on CIC 1

My setup is Nokia switch connected to Asterisk with Sangoma A104D card using SS7/ISUP signaling. I am using Asterisk as a signaling gateway. Asterisk forwards the call to an IVR platform. During the callflow the need to transfer the call to an agent comes up and IVR send the request to Asterisk which Asterisk capture and the does dial command to send the call to appropriate extension.

I am using the following to make the transfer request

exten => 2213,1,Dial(DAHDI/g0/2213)

that is when I get the above error and the call gets dropped.

I am using Asterisk 1.6.1 with Dahdi 2.0.0 and libss7 “svn-trunk-r210”

The chan_dahdi.conf file is

;autogenerated by /usr/sbin/wancfg_dahdi do not hand edit
;autogenrated on 2009-02-20
;Dahdi Channels Configurations
;For detailed Dahdi options, view /etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf.bak

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=from-pstn
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
facilityenable=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no

;Sangoma A104 port 1 [slot:0 bus:3 span:1] <wanpipe1>
switchtype=euroisdn
context=from-pstn
group=0
echocancel=yes
signalling=ss7
dchan=16
;mtp2=16

networkindicator=national_spare

signalling = ss7
ss7type = itu ; or ansi if you are using an ANSI link

linkset = 1

pointcode = 245 ; The decimal form of your point code. If you are using an
 ; ANSI linkset, you can use the xxx-xxx-xxx notation for
 ; specifying your linkset pointcode.
adjpointcode = 170 ; The point code of the switch adjacent to your linkset

defaultdpc = 170 ; The point code of the switch you want to send your ISUP
 ; traffic to. A lot of the time, this is the same as your
 ; adjpointcode.

; Now we configure our Bearer channels (CICs)

cicbeginswith = 1 ; Number to start counting the CICs from. So if DAHDI/1 to
 ; DAHDI/15 are CICs 1-15, you would set this to 1 before you
 ; declare channel=1-15

channel=1-15 ; Use DAHDI/1-15 and assign them to CICs 1-15

cicbeginswith = 17 ; Now for DAHDI/17 to DAHDI/31, they are CICs 17-31 so we initialize
 ; cicbeginswith to 17 before we declare those channels

channel = 17-31 ; This assigns CICs 17-31 to channels 17-31

sigchan = 16 ; This is where you declare which DAHDI channel is your signalling
 ; channel. In our case it is DAHDI/16. You can add redundant
 ; signalling channels by adding additional sigchan= lines.

I would really appreciate any help/hints

Thanks