[asterisk-ss7] sending sms over E1 using libss7

Krzysztof Drewicz krzysztofdrewicz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 02:41:27 CDT 2009

2009/8/20 marek cervenka <cervajs at fpf.slu.cz>:
>> Actually at the moment Libss7 only supports ISUP layer, for SMS usage SS7
>> stack should support SCCP layer too which as far as I've heard Mathew is
>> eager to implement in future.
>
> http://www.dicea.dk/company/ss7_smsc
> but this imho isn't for libss7

Isn't for lib ss7.
You need chan_ss7 premium (it does cost) and you need smsc from Dicea
(it also costs).
so for most of common people the protocol like cmid2 over tcp/ip is
the best solution for mass-scale sms.
on the other hand if you don't have yor own smsc and plan to send 1
milion sms  /month, then price of smsc from dicea is like nothing
compared to price of any other's vendor smsc.