[asterisk-ss7] SS7+AS5400+PGW2200

Nitesh Divecha nitesh at vipernetworks.com
Mon Oct 13 11:23:11 CDT 2008

Hello All,

I need some help as I am new to SS7 and I do understand that this is an
Asterisk SS7 forum and not Cisco but I looking for a help...

Recently, got one project where there is Cisco AS5400 with 2 x 8 E1's,
Cisco PGW2200 Softswitch and SS7 involved. The old admin has screwed up
PGW2200 box totally and I want to replace it with Asterisk SS7 box.

Is there anyway I can replace PGW2200 with Asterisk SS7? If yes, how can
I do it? And is it must to have Asterisk SS7 box? Can't Cisco AS5400
handle SS7 signaling by itself?

Please help... Thanking in advance...

Cheers,
Nitesh