[asterisk-ss7] Loadsharing with libss7

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Sat Nov 15 06:42:31 CST 2008

Hi,

is the following setup possible ?

Two Asterisk Boxes, every Box has its own Point Code, both are connected
to the same SS7 Switch. Now i want incoming call from the SS7 Switch
load shared over my two Asterisk Machines. So first call goes to Server
A and the second Call goes to Server B.

Is i understand SS7 correctly it should be possible to have one
Signalling Channel configured on Server A, which handles Calls for both
Servers. A backup Signalling Channel would reside at Server B, so if
Server A goes down, Signalling should switch to Server B and all Call
will go through Server B, if Server A goes up again, Signalling could
switch back to Server A, but another option would be that, from now on
Server A will be the backup.

If libss7 does not support this, is there a way to get this implemented
? How long would it take and how much would it cost ?

The other option i can think of, that the SS7 switch can give me this
functionality. Do you have any information on this ?

Thanks for you help ;)

Kind Regards,

Tobias Wolf