[asterisk-ss7] multiple linksets to one peer

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Nov 3 12:53:01 CST 2008

Krzysztof Drewicz wrote:
> 2008/11/3 Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com>:
>

>> I highly doubt that's your problem.  You could run an SS7 link on a
>> really low end processor and still be able to handle packets, at least
>> using the Zaptel/DAHDI MTP2 interface.
>>
>> It looks like you're getting alarms on the link.  You should fix that first.
>>

> Ok, but see: alarms came only if traffic (ie the number of calls) goes
> above ~150.
>
> I have a stable link with as many as 16 E1 connections to my telco peer.
>
> Only i have alerts when having many calls (to make calls i use
> antother asterisk boxes connected to my telco, each box with 2 E1
> connections, i only dial,answer and wait(3600) ).
> Maybe i should somehow fine tune my asterisk, unload not used modules etc... ?

Well, the only thing that might cause the CPU to not be able to handle
packets properly with the mtp2 interface is software echo cancellation
(since it also happens at the same priority level).  If you're using
software echo cancellation, try setting echocancel=no in your
/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf.

Matthew Fredrickson
Digium, Inc.