[asterisk-ss7] problem in mtp2 as sigchannel

shoieb_arshad shoieb_arshad at comsats.edu.pk
Mon Jun 30 14:20:08 CDT 2008

sorry but it didn't work.

yes, it may be the reason. i am using sangoma a101d which may not support
mtp2 signalling.

when i changed the mtp2=16 to dchan=16. ztcfg starts working well but
asterisk didnt load chan_zap.so and gives this error

[Jun 25 17:16:44] ERROR[20072]: chan_zap.c:12826 linkset_addsigchan: Unable
to open SS7 sigchan 16 (Device or resource busy)
my zaptel.conf is

#############
# Autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/sangoma/setup-sangoma -- do not hand edit
# Zaptel Channels Configurations (zaptel.conf)
#
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

#Sangoma A101 port 1 [slot:0 bus:2 span:1] <wanpipe1>
span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15
#hardhdlc=16
#mtp2=16
dchan=16
bchan=17-31

and zapata.conf is
###################################
;autogenerated by /usr/local/sbin/config-zaptel  do not hand edit
;Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
;
;For detailed zapata options, view /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf.orig

[trunkgroups]

[channels]
context=default
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
relaxdtmf=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1

immediate=no

;Sangoma A101 port 1 [slot:0 bus:2 span:1] <wanpipe1>

;context=from-pstn
;group=0
;signalling=pri_cpe
;channel =>1-15,17-31
switchtype=euroisdn
signalling=ss7
ss7type = itu
linkset = 1
pointcode = 5678
adjpointcode = 1234
defaultdpc = 1234
sigchan = 16
cicbeginswith=1
channel = 1-15
cicbeginswith=17
channel =17-31

On Sat, 28 Jun 2008 21:44:19 -0500 (CDT), Matt Fredrickson wrote