[asterisk-ss7] problem in mtp2 as sigchannel

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat Jun 28 21:44:19 CDT 2008

----- "shoieb_arshad" <shoieb_arshad at comsats.edu.pk> wrote:

> hello
> i am getting an error when i set mtp2=16 in zaptel .conf

> Changing signalling on channel 16 from Clear channel to MTP2
> ZT_CHANCONFIG failed on channel 16: Invalid argument (22)
> Did you forget that FXS interfaces are configured with FXO signalling
> and that FXO interfaces use FXS signalling?
> can any bosy help me>???????

Something I just thought of... it could also be because you're using a board that doesn't support MTP2 signalling.  Currently you have to have a Digium board (TE120/110 or TE2XXP/TE4XXP) to use mtp2 type signalling.  If you're using another vendor's boards, you can still use the dchan signalling type, although it may be less reliable under load.