[asterisk-ss7] Redundant Server Setup

Joseph tech at ekn.com
Tue Feb 26 07:15:28 CST 2008

On 02/25/08, Tobias Wolf wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> our first libss7 deployment works very well. Now we want to move on and
> add some redundancy to the system. We want to have two asterisk server
> that are connected to one voice switch.
>
> Incoming traffic will be routed over these two links to the servers.
> Every server can make outbound calls. If one link fails, incoming calls
> will only routed to the remaining asterisk. Since it is possible that
> the asterisk on the failed link, is still reachable per IP it should be
> possible to automatically reroute incoming calls to the other asterisk,
> if the ss7 link is down.
>
> Generally: Is this possible with libss7? Should we have two or one
> pointcode for the asterisk server?
>
> I hope i made myself clear. If i slipped some important information
> don't hesitate to ask me, i will gladly provide further information.

Redundancy options still seem to be quite limited.

However, there are some patches that have been submitted.
You could check them out and comment on them or improve them :)

What you want to do, as I know it is not yet possible.

It seems like the only working redundant setup requires multiple point
codes with multiple complete hardware configs, and fail over routes in the switch/MSC.

--
respectfully,