[asterisk-ss7] Asterisk SS7, SG, MG and MGCP

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Aug 14 10:25:14 CDT 2008

Anton wrote:
> As SS7 MGCP you probably mean MEGACO protocol?

I'm thinking I'd start with MGCP, since it is a text based protocol instead.

> Unlikely this could be seen in asterisk anytime soon...

That's likely.  It's going to take a while to do this.  I've started
playing with this, and the first thing I've started doing is writing my
own MGCP media gateway, so I have something to test against (I don't
have any MGCP equipment here).  Then I'll start the channel driver.

Matthew Fredrickson