[asterisk-ss7] installing latest version problems.

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Aug 1 10:05:43 CDT 2008

olivier taylor wrote:
> Okido, I have then to uninstall zaptel?
>
> For dahdi, it's installed, but I am lost with the configurations files.
> Previously, I had libss7 working (before the need to use dahdi, and
> had no problems.
>
> Are the zaptel and zapata files similar to dahdi/system.conf and
> chan_dahdi.conf?

Exact same syntax should get you up and running. Copy /etc/zaptel.conf
to /etc/dahdi/system.conf and /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf to
/etc/asterisk/chan_dahdi.conf.

Make sure you also are using a fairly recent version of dahdi (I'd just
update it to latest, unless you checked it out less than a week or so ago).

Matthew Fredrickson

> When starting, I have now"chan_dahdi.c:12843 linkset_addsigchan:
> Invalid networkindicator!"
>
> Also, as dahdi doesn't start, I have no cli commands, are the ss7
> commands replaced by something?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Olivier
>
> system.conf :
> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=1-15
> dchan=16
> bchan=17-31
>
> chan_dahdi.conf :
> [channels]
> callwaiting=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> callreturn=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=yes
> group=1
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
>
> networkindicator=national
>
> ss7_calling_nai=international
> ss7_internationalprefix = 00
> ss7_nationalprefix =
>

> signalling = ss7
> ss7type = itu ; or ansi if you are using an ANSI link
>
> linkset = 1 ; Pick a number for your linkset identifier in chan_dahdi.conf
>
> pointcode = 8002
> adjpointcode = 3353
> defaultdpc = 3353
>
> cicbeginswith = 1 ; Number to start counting the CICs from. So if Zap/1 to
> channel=1-15 ; Use Zap/1-15 and assign them to CICs 1-15
> cicbeginswith = 17 ; Now for Zap/17 to Zap/31, they are CICs 17-31 so
> we initialize
> ; cicbeginswith to 17 before we declare those channels
> channel = 17-31 ; This assigns CICs 17-31 to channels 17-31
> sigchan = 16 ; This is where you declare which Zap channel is your
> signalling
>

> Joseph a écrit :
>> On 08/01/08, olivier taylor wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Installed :
>>> dahdi-complete
>>> zaptel 1.4.11
>>> libss7-trunk
>>> When compiling libss7, I get :
>>>
>>> gcc -g -o ss7linktest ss7linktest.c libss7.a -lpthread
>>> ss7linktest.c: In function ‘zap_open’:
>>> ss7linktest.c:200: error: ‘DAHDI_BUFFERINFO’ undeclared (first use in
>>> this function)
>>> ss7linktest.c:200: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
>>> ss7linktest.c:200: error: for each function it appears in.)
>>> ss7linktest.c:200: error: expected ‘;’ before ‘bi’