[asterisk-ss7] running libss7 using sangoma card as tdm interface

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Sep 26 16:20:01 CDT 2007

Goke Aruna wrote:
> Mitul Limbani wrote:
>> Hi Aruna,
>>

>> Quoting Goke Aruna <goksie at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Has anyone run the libss7 using sangoma a104d card?
>>>
>>> I have installed the following using the guide posted by Mat of digium.
>>> wanpipe-3.1.4
>>> zaptel-1.4
>>> libss7-trunk
> [...]
>> The Enterprise Linux Company (TM),
>> www.enterux.com

> Thanks Limbani,
>
> ss7 show linkset 1 shows the link is up
>
> however, when i run zap show channels, i got all but its saying out of
> service and my telco said they ve relaesed all the channels.
>
> my zaptel.conf
> loadzone=uk
> defaultzone=uk
>
> #Sangoma A104 port 1 [slot:4 bus:11 span: 1]
> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16
>
> my zapata.conf
> [trunkgroups]
> trunkgroup => 1,16
>
> spanmap => 1,1,1
>
> [channels]
> language=en
> context=incomin
> usecallerid=yes
> hidecallerid=no
> callwaiting=yes
> usecallingpres=yes
> callwaitingcallerid=yes
> threewaycalling=yes
> transfer=yes
> cancallforward=yes
> callreturn=yes
> echocancel=yes
> echocancelwhenbridged=no
> echotraining=800
> rxgain=0.0
> txgain=0.0
> group=0
> callgroup=1
> pickupgroup=1
> immediate=no
> busydetect=yes
> ss7_called_nai=dynamic
> ss7_calling_nai=dynamic
>
> networkindicator=national
> signalling=ss7
> ss7type=itu
> linkset=1
> pointcode=1390
> defaultdpc=1304
> adjpointcode=1304
> sigchan=16
>
> ;group=1
> cicbeginswith=1
> channel=1-15
> ;enabled => YES
>
> ;group=2
> cicbeginswith=17
> channel=17-31
> ;enabled => YES
>

> my add_ext.conf
>
> [outgcall]
> exten => _X.,1,Dial(zap/g1/${EXTEN})
> exten => _X.,2,Hangup
>

> mahmudsvr*CLI> ss7 show linkset 1
> SS7 linkset 1 status: Up
>
> mahmudsvr*CLI> zap show channels
>     Chan Extension  Context         Language   MOH Interpret
> Blocked    State
>   pseudo            incomin         en         default
>         In Service
>        1            incomin         en         default
>         Out of Ser
>        2            incomin         en         default
>         Out of Ser
>        3            incomin         en         default
>         Out of Ser
>

> I will be glad, if i can see what am missing out.

Sorry, that is probably a misrepresentation.  If the link is up, it
should be ok to start passing traffic on.  The "In Service" and "Out of
Service" statuses for the individual channels are not really important
and will not keep you from making calls.  It just means that the other
end didn't respond to the GRS (Group reset) messages that we sent, and
the switch may support a version of ISUP that only does individual
channel resets instead.  All in all, if the other end says that the
channels are up, you should be ok.

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.