[asterisk-ss7] newbie question

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Sep 24 10:14:00 CDT 2007

Arnold P. Siboro wrote:
> I wonder if anyone here would be kind enough to answer some of my newbie
> questions:
>
> 1. Are there commercial deployments of libss7 (I am just interested to
> find out how complete and reliable current ss7 implementation in libss7)
> 2. Can libss7 be used for e.g., accessing operator's customer database
> and check if prepaid user's deposit is enough to receive the service
> provided via Asterisk?

There are a couple of people that I know of using libss7 in commercial
environments, both in ANSI environments and ITU/ETSI style SS7 signalling.

As for databases, neither libss7 nor any of the other open source SS7
implementations that I know for Asterisk have database/TCAP support.

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.