[asterisk-ss7] newbie question

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Sun Sep 23 08:47:53 CDT 2007

Arnold,

Quoting "Arnold P. Siboro" <asiboro at maltech.jp>:

> I wonder if anyone here would be kind enough to answer some of my newbie
> questions:
>
> 1. Are there commercial deployments of libss7 (I am just interested to
> find out how complete and reliable current ss7 implementation in libss7)
> 2. Can libss7 be used for e.g., accessing operator's customer database
> and check if prepaid user's deposit is enough to receive the service
> provided via Asterisk?

I believe that LibSS7 is a work in progress and that it doesnt have all
the features that you require, infact i think even Chan_ss7 doesnt have
those features (HLR, VLR ?)

I am not sure to comment on the other commercial solutions prevailing
since I never used them, anyone using other asterisk based commercial
SS7 solutions may comment on this.

Thanks & Regards,
Mitul Limbani,
Founder & CEO,