[asterisk-ss7] Siemens SDE - libss7

umar tarar umar.tarar at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 09:16:33 CDT 2007

hello Claudio Aznar!

I guess you may feel luckier reading this post, as I was the one victim of
the same problem that you are currently in (problem: bringing the asterisk
server up on SS7 link with SIEMENS EWSD for successful calls, be it chan_ss7
or libss7). I tried both & had the same results as you have for each one, I
explained & posted the same as you did rather more than that including
exchange of posts with Mathew Fredrickson. Then, in an effort of  leaving no
stone unturned, the solution came across & was lying in changing the CIC on
EWSD side from 1 to 0 while keeping firstcic=1 on asterisk (chan_ss7-0.8.4or
0.9). doing this made every thing working fine i.e. all channels became idle
& started receiving calls. Because the CIC mapping on the EWSD side starts
from CIC = 0 & remains the same for the whole trunk group i.e. E1, and for
the next trunkGroup/E1 there is another CIC, they represent it like this:

CIC=0-1
CIC=1-2
CIC=2-3
…

Where in CIC=0-1, the '0' specifies the CIC and the '1' is the trunkGroup/E1
number and similarly in CIC=1-2, the '1' is CIC & '2' is E1 number and so
on. So based on my experience, I can guess with a high probability that your
telco side has set CIC=1-1 on their EWSD as they generally do it. If on EWSD
you find it so, then ask the EWSD ppl to change their CIC to '0' for the
trunkGroup/E1 that is for your asterisk server connectivity and keep your
firstcic=1 & channels => 1-15,17-31 in the link settings in ss7.conf

I hope it'll work for you too

My posts when I was in the same prob are here:
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-ss7/2006-December/000928.html

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-ss7/2006-November/000716.html

On 6/30/07, Claudio Aznar <caznar at easyip.com.ar> wrote:

> Testing with chan_ss7 & Asterisk 1.4, I have INSERVICE with "ss7 link
> status" and in the SDE side I look the link up too but don't work.
> Like that libss7, the link go from DOWN to INSERVICE, I attach a little
> debug from chan_ss7
>

> sspVoIP*CLI> ss7 link status
> linkset siuc, link l1, schannel 16, NOT_ALIGNED, rx: 0, tx: 4/4,
> sentseq/lastack: 127/127, total    668544,    668592
>
> sspVoIP*CLI> ss7 linestat 1
> Linkset: siuc
> CIC   2 Idle Reset pending  BLOCKED Link down
> CIC   3 Idle Reset pending  BLOCKED Link down
> CIC  31 Idle Reset pending  BLOCKED Link down
>
> And I see this WARNINGs & ERRORs
>
> [Jun 29 19:21:35] WARNING[3930]: mtp.c:791 timeout_sltm_t1: No SLTA
> received
> within Q.707 timer T1, trying again on link 'l1'.
> [Jun 29 19:21:44] ERROR[3930]: mtp.c:796 timeout_sltm_t1: No SLTA received
> within Q.707 timer T1, faulting link on link 'l1'.
> [Jun 29 19:21:44] WARNING[3930]: chan_ss7.c:637 monitor_main: MTP is now
> DOWN on link 'l1'.
>

> Regards,
> Claudio Aznar