[asterisk-ss7] libss7 Not aligned

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Dec 10 09:41:48 CST 2007

mark pieter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to libss7. I have downloaded the trunk versions for asterisk and
> libss7 and successfully compiled and installed them on CentOS 5.
>
> The following is my zapata.conf file:
> [channels]
> context=default
> signalling = ss7
> ss7type = itu
> linkset = 1
> pointcode = 1085
> adjpointcode = 2132
> defaultdpc = 2132
> networkindicator=national
> sigchan = 1
> cicbeginswith =
> channel = 2-31
>

> The following is my zaptel.conf file :
> # Span 1: WCT1/0 "Digium Wildcard TE110P T1/E1 Card 0"
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
>
> bchan=2-31
> dchan=1
>
> loadzone        = us
> defaultzone     = us
>

> I verified the above mentioned configuration with my service provided more
> than once and tested the link with another system (dialogic) with the same
> settings and it is up and receiving calls
>
> Here is the output of: ss7 show linkset 1
> SS7 linkset 1 status: Down
>
> when I enabled debugging of ss7 I just see the following messages displayed
> on the console:
>
> Link state change: IDLE -> NOTALIGNED
> Link state change: NOTALIGNED -> IDLE
> Link state change: IDLE -> NOTALIGNED
> Link state change: NOTALIGNED -> IDLE
> Link state change: IDLE -> NOTALIGNED
> Link state change: NOTALIGNED -> IDLE
> Link state change: IDLE -> NOTALIGNED
> Link state change: NOTALIGNED -> IDLE
> Link state change: IDLE -> NOTALIGNED
> Link state change: NOTALIGNED -> IDLE
>

> Is there anyway to know to increase the debugging level so I can see what is
> going on behind the scenes ?

Yes, you must use the "ss7 debug linkset x" command, where x is the
number of the linkset you would like to see verbose output on.  I would
try using the ss7linktest program included in the libss7 directory to
bring the link up.  It will automatically set the verbosity to maximum,
and you can see more debug as to what is happening at early link
initialization if that is a problem.

Software/Firmware Engineer
Digium, Inc.