[asterisk-ss7] how to install Asterisk-ss7 & libss7

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Fri Sep 29 12:29:17 MST 2006

There already is a zapata.conf sample config.  You included it in your
reply.  The zaptel.conf is setup just like you setup your PRI, with
your bearers setup as bchans and your signalling channel(s) as dchan.

For an F-link, with one signalling channel zaptel.conf would look
something like this (for the channel layout)

bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31

Your zapata.conf would looks something like this:
signalling=ss7
ss7type=itu
; which linkset all of these options apply to
linkset=1
; This is your point code
pointcode=1111
; This is the pointcode that your ISUP messages are sent to
defaultdpc=2222
; This is the pointcode of the node adjacent to this link
adjpointcode=2222
; This is the channel number of your signalling channel (your dchan
option in zaptel.conf
sigchan=16
; Context calls will come into
context=ss7
; This will map Zap/1-15 as CICs 1-15
cicbeginswith=1
channel=1-15
; This will map Zap/17-31 as CICs 17-31
cicbeginswith=17
channel=17-31

To do it with another linkset, just duplicate all of the above, but
just change linkset=2 and set your options for that linkset.

Matthew Fredrickson