[asterisk-ss7] how to install Asterisk-ss7 & libss7

Mr.Surender Reddy gvsurenderreddy at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 01:09:33 MST 2006

Dear Matthew,
                       I Thankx for our Intrest to help me out in
this.Beloware the Details which iam using for Chanss7 .But i want to
try Libss7 Please
help me out.

ss7.conf of Chanss7

[linkset-Ts1]

enabled => yes

enable_st => yes

use_connect => yes

hunting_policy => seq_htl

context => ss7

subservice => 8

[linkset-Ts2]

enabled => yes

enable_st => yes

use_connect =>yes

hunting_policy => seq_htl

context => ss7

subservice => 8

[link-l1]

linkset => Ts1

channels => 1-15,17-31

schannel => 16

firstcic => 1

enabled => yes

[link-l2]

linkset => Ts1

channels => 1-31

schannel =>

firstcic => 33

enabled => YES

[link-l3]

linkset => Ts2

channels =>1-15,17-31

schannel => 16

firstcic => 1

enabled => yes

[link-l4]

linkset => Ts2

channels => 1-31

schannel =>

firstcic => 33

enabled => YES

[host-localhost.localdomain]

enabled => yes

default_linkset => Ts2

opc => 124

dpc => Ts1:31,Ts2:32

links => l1:1,l2:2,l3:3,l4:4
This is the zaptel.conf

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3

bchan = 1-31

span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3

bchan=32-62

span=3,0,0,ccs,hdb3

bchan=63-93

span=4,1,0,ccs,hdb3

bchan=94-124

loadzone = us

defaultzone = us
I have compiled the Libss7 and tried to use that but iam unable to use that
as Zapta.conf i couldnt configure fine i tired this way i dont think that is
correct Can u please see this Zapta.conf which i wanted to use for libss7

 Signaling type SS7
signalling = ss7

; Variant of SS7 signaling:
; Options are itu and ansi
ss7type = itu

; All settings apply to linkset 1
linkset = 1

; Point code of the linkset
pointcode = 124

; Point code of node adjacent to this signaling link (Possibly the STP
between you and
; your destination)
adjpointcode = 31,32

; Default point code that you would like to assign to outgoing messages (in
case of
; routing through STPs, or using A links)
defaultdpc = 31,32

; Begin CIC (Circuit indication codes) count with this number
cicbeginswith = 1

; What the MTP3 network indicator bits should be set to.  Choices are
; national, national_spare, international, international_spare
networkindicator=national

; First signaling channel
sigchan = 16

; Channels to associate with CICs on this linkset
channel = 25-47
regards
surender