[asterisk-ss7] LIBss7 issues

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Sep 21 08:31:57 MST 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 1:59 AM, Anton wrote:

>>> also I'm still very very confuzed regarding GRA - it
>>> should not send Group Reset for whole group - since
>>> there is a signalling timeslot in between! (16)
>>
>> This is probably because of how you configured your CICs.
>>  Please post your zaptel.conf and zapata.conf.  I think I
>> have an idea for what you did wrong.
>>
>> Matthew Fredrickson
>>
>>> and still - no audio while it's over chan_ss7 - libss7
>
> Here is the corresponding part from zapata
>
> sigchan = 16
>
> ; Channels to associate with CICs on this linkset

Ok, this is might be why.  I have seen before that the numbering for
the CICs can be different.  If they are in a contiguous block (1-15
maps to CICs 1-15 and 17-31 map to CICs 16-30) this is how you set it
up:
cicbeginswith=1
channel=1-15
channel=17-31

If the are not a contiguous block of CICs (1-15-maps to CICs 1-15 and
16-31 maps to 16-31) you have to do it like this:
cicbeginswith=1
channel=1-15
cicbeginswith=17
channel=17-31

> span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16
> span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3
> #fcshdlc=48
> bchan=32-47,49-62
> dchan=48
> #bchan=32-62
>
> and what I found that mostly libss7 tries to reset whole set
> CIC's of 1-30 but sometimes i saw chan_ss7 saying no errors
> and getting separate reset requests for 2 CIC's set (1-15,
> 17-31)

That makes sense I think.  It doesn't matter how it resets it (two
messages or one) if you're doing a group reset, but that may indicate
that you have your CICs off in how they are configured.  I think
chan_ss7 already assumes that you skip that CIC in the channel setup
IIRC (though I could be wrong).  I just wrote it in this way so that
CIC mapping to channels may be a bit more configurable.