[asterisk-ss7] Card for SS7

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Wed Sep 6 10:50:44 MST 2006

On Sep 6, 2006, at 12:41 PM, Michael Tague wrote:

> Matthew,
>
> Is there any particular card you would recommend for use with libss7?
>  We
> would just be using it for a pair of A-links.  Oddly, we have a pair of
> links that are one 56k and one T1.  We've used a channel bank and other
> equipment to get the 56k into the 1st channel on a T1 to use with T1
> cards.

If the 64kbps link comes in over a T1, it should work with any of the
Digium T1/E1 cards.  Sorry I haven't replied to your email, it was
quite long, and I haven't had a contiguous chunk of time to address all
the points on it.

> Any suggestions?    Any problem with using a 56k on channel 1 of a T1?

I have never used a 56k channels before, so I'm not sure how the data
is formated, or how the physical layer works, so it'll be a gamble on
getting that one working.  FWIW, I haven't gotten an ANSI link yet to
do ANSI support, so I suspect there may be issues with bringing the
link up for the first time.