[asterisk-ss7] how to install Asterisk-ss7 & libss7

umar tarar umar.tarar at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 09:03:09 MST 2006

hi Matt.!

making my entry again with a prob, & that is, before connecting to the ss7
E1 link, i re-checked all the three (zaptel-trunk, libss7 & asterisk-trunk)
to hav the latest versions, they got compiled all fine, but when i
configured and run the asterisk with the ss7 E1 link connected, asterisk ran
all ok but nothing ever appears on CLI & no call comes in, my conf is
following:
----zaptel.conf----
pan=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3
bchan=1-15,17-31
dchan=16
loadzone=uk
defaultzone=uk
-----------------------
---zapata.conf---
[channels]
context=zapIncoming
switchtype=5ess
;signalling=fxo_ls
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
musiconhold=default

signalling = ss7

ss7type = itu

linkset = 1

;pointcode = 0x1680
pointcode = 5760

;djpointcode = 0x168a
djpointcode = 5770

;defaultdpc = 0x168a
defaultdpc = 5770

cicbeginswith = 1
networkindicator=national

sigchan = 16
channel = 1-31
----------------------

now with this conf, simply nothing happens on the ast CLI, no calls, no
errors just nothing.....i believe i m missing somthing
plz guide me as i feel that i am close to hav my ss7 link up with my
asterisk

On 10/8/06, Matt Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:

> Well, technically you could disregard those messages.  I just hadn't
> written handlers for them, and they don't matter since we don't bring the
> link up until we get a TRA from the other end.  Not having the specs in
> front of me right now, I believe you are getting TRP messages from the other
> end when the link first comes up, but you are getting a TRA after that
> (which you should) and that brings the ISUP layer up.  Your link looks like
> it has come up.
>
> I think that I should probably just write a little handler for that
> message so that it doesn't make an error message anymore.  I'll see if I can
> do that in my next update (along with TON and the like).
>
> Matthew Fredrickson
>
> ----- Mr.Surender Reddy <gvsurenderreddy at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear sir,
> > I have configured as u written to me but iam getting this messages can
> > u please help me sir .my orgination point code is 124 and destination
> > point code is 31 and 32 in decimal in HEX 0-15-4 and 0-3-7 , 0-4-0.If
> > u dont mind can please guide me sir
> >
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1599]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: !!
> > Unable to handle SIG_NET_MNG message with H1 = 1 and H0 = 4
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1599]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: Received
> > error from mtp3 layer: -1
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1598]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: !!
> > Unable to handle SIG_NET_MNG message with H1 = 1 and H0 = 4
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1598]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: Received
> > error from mtp3 layer: -1
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1599]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: !!
> > Unable to handle SIG_NET_MNG message with H1 = 1 and H0 = 4
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1599]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: Received
> > error from mtp3 layer: -1
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1598]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: !!
> > Unable to handle SIG_NET_MNG message with H1 = 1 and H0 = 4
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1598]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: Received
> > error from mtp3 layer: -1
> > --- SS7 Up ---
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1599]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: -- !!
> > Unable to handle SIG_NET_MNG message with H1 = 1 and H0 = 4
> > Resetting CICs 1 to 15
> > [ Oct 7 17:51:39 ] ERROR[1599]: chan_zap.c:8711 zt_ss7_error: --
> > Received error from mtp3 layer: -1
> > Resetting CICs 17 to 62
> > --- SS7 Up ---
> > -- Resetting CICs 63 to 77
> > -- Resetting CICs 79 to 124
> >
> > regards
> > surender
> >
> > On 29/09/06 , Matthew Fredrickson < creslin at digium.com > wrote: There
> > already is a zapata.conf sample config. You included it in your
> > reply. The zaptel.conf is setup just like you setup your PRI, with
> > your bearers setup as bchans and your signalling channel(s) as dchan.
> >
> > For an F-link, with one signalling channel zaptel.conf would look
> > something like this (for the channel layout)

> [...]