[asterisk-ss7] please give me a solution for this

Matthew Crocker matthew at crocker.com
Mon Oct 9 04:03:31 MST 2006

> On 10/9/06, M Jamshed <md.jamshed at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear,
>
> I' m having a big problem now. please sort it out now...
> The matter is that..  if all our services are down then i need to
> play a voice prompt which should not be charged for the
> subscriber.. is there any solution for this,,,
> please tell me out
>
> sure, use playback without answering the call

I'm pretty sure that is illegal here in the states.  You cannot send
any information down the line with out first providing answer
supervision.  It probably also won't work because in an SS7 network
(like the PSTN) the bearer channel isn't built until the receiving
side answers.  So,  without an answer your playback doesn't go
anywhere.   You should however be able to send the correct error
message back to the caller via PRI signaling.

-Matt

--
Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President