[asterisk-ss7] libss7 is how far for production enviroment?

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Thu Nov 9 12:34:51 MST 2006

On Nov 9, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Florian Overkamp wrote:
> - Do we consider hardware HDLC an absolute requirement ?

No, not at all.  HDLC blips are certainly nothing to be terribly
concerned about.  In MTP2, there is a measurement done on the rate of
them coming in the form of a "leaky bucket" error rate monitor.  A
certain error rate threshold has to be exceeded before it reports a
problem to MTP3.  I don't think we have any problems even with software
HDLC with exceeding this threshold.  Also, MTP2 is designed to be able
to retransmit any MSUs that have been received in error.  Certainly no
more than chan_ss7 might experience in comparison.

> - How about echocancellation ?

Echo cancellation is always a useful thing.  It really depends on your
setup, but if you're doing SS7, you probably want some decent echo
cancellation "Just in case".

> - What kind of PRI boards are you guys using, Digium / Sango ??

I've done all my testing and development for libss7 on Digium boards.
Obviously I'm a bit biased since I work for Digium, but I think that
since I'm very familiar with how they work, I can make it run better
through additional driver work and so forth.