[asterisk-ss7] libss7 link quality troubles

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Nov 6 10:22:39 MST 2006

On Nov 5, 2006, at 9:04 PM, Marcelo Pacheco wrote:
> Most IAM and RLC result in:
> [Nov  6 00:59:10] DEBUG[21678]: chan_zap.c:8460 ss7_linkset: Overrun
> detected!
>

> Using dchan instead of hardhdlc results in constant CRC, frame too
> short
> errors on the ss7 link.
>

> Is the current trunk bad ? I noticed core set verbose and core set
> debug
> isn't working properly.
>
> Any sugestions ?

I have noticed similar problems related to hardhdlc and ss7 links.  I
think the problem has to do with the fact that running an SS7 link is a
lot more intensive than running a normal PRI, so it may not have
adequate performance in that mode to handle that type of link.
However, you shouldn't have any trouble (other than an occasional HDLC
blip) with running it in dchan mode.  If you are, maybe one of your
sigchans is running in the old mode.  Did you re-run ztcfg and/or
reload the driver before you retested?