[asterisk-ss7] libss7 link quality troubles

Marcelo Pacheco marcelo at falevoip.net
Sun Nov 5 20:04:02 MST 2006

This is my config:

Asterisk, Zaptel & libpri trunk as of 11/05.

Athlon 64 2800+
512MB DDR 400
VIA chipset motherboard
2 NICs, Marvell Yukon Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000Base-T Adapter + Realtek
SATA HD in UDMA mode

cat /proc/interrupts
           CPU0
  0:    9269381    IO-APIC-edge  timer
  1:       3132    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
  8:          1    IO-APIC-edge  rtc
  9:          0   IO-APIC-level  acpi
 12:        113    IO-APIC-edge  i8042
 16:     267798   IO-APIC-level  sk98lin
 17:     168739   IO-APIC-level  libata
 18:     512165   IO-APIC-level  eth1
 19:   36487841   IO-APIC-level  wct4xxp

After starting to use hardhdlc mode ISDN works like a charm, no more HDLC
Abort, FCS errors. While before we had some, about 10/day.

TDM405P with the following layout:

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3
span=2,0,0,ccs,hdb3
span=3,1,0,ccs,hdb3
span=4,2,0,d4,ami
bchan=1-15,17-31
hardhdlc=16
bchan=32-46,48-62
hardhdlc=47
bchan=63-77,79-93
hardhdlc=78
fxoks=94-117
loadzone=fi
loadzone=us
defaultzone=fi

Spans 1 & 2 are connected with a cross over cable
Span 3 connects to a Cisco AS5300 that connects to PSTN, so it's my clock
source
Span 4 connects to a T1 channel bank

With ISDN:

signalling=pri_net
group => 6
channel => 1-15,17-31

signalling=pri_cpe
group => 7
channel => 32-46,48-62

Things work perfectly, I placed tons of test calls through spans 1 & 2, no
errors reported by Asterisk, even with pri intense debug span 1/pri
intense debug span 2

Now changing to libss7 (still using hardhdlc):

signalling=ss7
ss7type=itu
linkset=1
pointcode=1
defaultdpc=2
adjpointcode=2
cicbeginswith=1
networkindicator=international
sigchan=16
group => 6
channel => 1-15,17-31

signalling=ss7
ss7type=itu
linkset=2
pointcode=2
defaultdpc=1
adjpointcode=1
cicbeginswith=1
networkindicator=international
sigchan=47
group => 7
channel => 32-46,48-62

Most IAM and RLC result in:
[Nov  6 00:59:10] DEBUG[21678]: chan_zap.c:8460 ss7_linkset: Overrun
detected!

Using dchan instead of hardhdlc results in constant CRC, frame too short
errors on the ss7 link.

Is the current trunk bad ? I noticed core set verbose and core set debug
isn't working properly.

Any sugestions ?
--
Regards,