[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7 statistics (Was: Zaptel Buffer problems with chan_ss7)

Anders Baekgaard ab at sifira.com
Wed May 17 03:00:38 MST 2006

Hello,

This "Excessive poll delay" warning is a known and yet mysterious problem. We
see it on some machines, but not on others, and we have not gathered
sufficient statistics to narrow down the cause for it.

It would be very useful to gather that statistics in the form of output from
the shell commands:

uname -a
/sbin/lspci
cat /proc/cpuinfo
cat /proc/meminfo
cat /proc/interrupts
grep "Excessive poll delay" /var/log/asterisk/messages | tail -10

(If your asterisk messages file is located elsewhere, please change the grep
command).

Please mail it directly to me with the Subject "chan_ss7 statistics".

I kindly request everybody reading this post to help solving the problem,
regardless you experience it your self.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards
Anders Baekgaard