[asterisk-ss7] chan_ss7.c:1889 ss7_write: Write buffer full on CIC=1 (wrote only 0 of 160), audio lost.

Jacob Tinning tinning at sifira.dk
Thu May 11 00:29:04 MST 2006

On Wed, 10 May 2006, Anton wrote:

> The same with me. I did _particularry_ decreased that, by
> interconnecting 2 asterisk boxes over IAX2 with
> jitterbuffer enabled. Maybe implementing JB in chan_ss7
> will help elliminating that.

Actually, the "Write buffer" is a kind of jitter-buffer. It is inside the
zaptel driver and is initialized by chan_ss7 to 4 * 160 bytes (80ms)

You can increase it to some other multiple of 160, but it requires a recompile,
and will also increase the audio-delay.

I've once read about an algorithm to a dynamic jitterbuffer, which whould
"expand" itself when it runs full, and shrink after some time.

Maybe it would be a good idea to make some experimental implementations of
such a buffer..

Mvh. Jacob

--
Jacob Tinning
System Developer                                           SIFIRA A/S