[asterisk-ss7] My experiences with chan_ss7, some questions and a solution for the ringback tone

Are london3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 05:42:39 MST 2006

Hi

I fully support the Timeout parameter as this is a common practice in SIP
based communication.

I work a lot with Patton SmartNode Sip Gateways and in the configuration we
have the following.

context cs switch
  digit-collection timeout 3
  routing-table called-e164 TEST1
    route .T dest-interface IF_E1
    route 00.% dest-interface IF_E2

On many SIP phones you also have the option to choose Timeout or *Early
Dial  *(484 response)

You are not fully aware of your call routes in many Real life SIP
applications. We all know that International numbering plans are no easy
beasts.

--
Are Casilla
http://astartelecom.com - Independent VOIP Telecoms Broker. Asterisk