[asterisk-ss7] libss7 tests

Storer, Darren darren.storer at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 16:10:57 MST 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to get a signalling link up from a test libss7 build to an
ISUP (White Book) Simulator/Emulator. The Asterisk box is using an old E100P
single E1 card with a cross over cable to the simulator. After loading
zaptel and wct1xxp I have started Asterisk and layer 1 is good (loss of
signal and remote alarm functions work as expected). The bad news is
that I cannot see any SIO/SIOS messages being returned from the libss7
machine.

To prove the I/O from the SS7 simulator I have looped back its E1 and
watched as the link starts to emergency align but it fails
(obviously) because the point codes clash when the signalling link test
messages (SLTM) are sent.

The question is, does anyone know if there any debug facilities available
within libss7? It's much to early to expect something similar to the 'pri
debug' command but hopefully there is something that will help to show what
libss7 is transmitting and receiving. Also, if a good libss7 build is looped
back on itself will it start to align and write messages into a log file or
to the Asterisk console?

Just in case I have made a mess of the libss7 configuration I have
uploaded a copy of the config files and span status here:

http://www.comgate.co.uk/libss7

Regards

Darren
--