[asterisk-ss7] Any development?

Matthew Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Sat Aug 12 16:00:23 MST 2006

On Aug 12, 2006, at 5:45 AM, Anton wrote:

> Great to hear Matthew!
>
> for me chan_ss7 works OK (i do not say great, since audoi
> lost trouble still there). ANSI part would be great, since
> than US testers, and (hopefully) contributors would join.
> And I'm just happy to see that now we have two SS7 drivers
> available for Asterisk! Getting Hardware support is also a
> great thing, but it would be nice to not stick with single
> hardware vendor ;)
>
> Also the question, if you don't mind, what ISUP
> functionality libss7 does have in comparision to chan_ss7?
> I mean how featurefull is it?

I'm not terribly familiar with the ISUP functionality of chan_ss7 and
how it compares to libss7 (I've been trying to keep myself from being
influenced from it).  I think that it supports more message types than
mine does right now,  although mine support all the basic messages
(plus a few more) for doing call setup and teardown.  I'm working on
implementing continuity test support right now, and I think I'll
probably do suspend/resume after this.