[asterisk-ss7] ss7 bugreport

Anton anton.vazir at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 13:33:02 MST 2006

Dear Anders,

Please confirm or reject the following behaviour of the chan_ss7, and I'll describe my experience of getting working 2 linksets with 2 different operators at the same time:

As said, I've tried to add one more operator to a production host, with chan_ss7 link, but I've failed by the following reason: signalling link was working, but I was getting all of the voice timeslots out of service. I've already got all of the dumps and debugs, and suddently made a little change in ss7.conf just to check, (though, that change was not logical for me at that moment)

so before I've been initializing the links in linksets as follows

[link-l1]
linkset => operator1
channels => 1-15,17-31
schannel => 16
firstcic => 1
enabled => yes

[link-l2]
linkset => operator2
channels => 1-15,17-31
schannel => 16
firstcic => 33
enabled => yes

and I was assuming that firstcic mentioning the next first available timeslot. In that config I got signalling link INSERVICE and all of the timeslots on link2 as RESET-PENDING

but after making the following change (firstcic=1 on second link)

[link-l1]
linkset => operator1
channels => 1-15,17-31
schannel => 16
firstcic => 1
enabled => yes

[link-l2]
linkset => operator2
channels => 1-15,17-31
schannel => 16
firstcic => 1
enabled => yes

I've got service working. Considering that I'm assuming that chan_ss7 determines automaticly the next available span/timeslots and we need to mention firstcic=33 only in scenarios when we have more than one E1 per single linkset, and not to assign the next free timeslot for chan_ss7.

If that behaviour would be confirmed by Anders, I'd be willing to add note on voip-info.org, since for me that was non intuitive setting, so, I suppose there would be others, who would fail using 2 linksets (some questioners already exists on the list?)

The segfaults I've mentioned in the previus letters I assume would take place on improper configuration of chan_ss7 and still (i suppose) may be considered as bugs, since Astersik after 10's of complaints, just duying. But I'll try to reproduce that not on the productoin environment, but when I do receive a few extra Sangomas for tests.

Thank you Anders in advance,
Anton.