[asterisk-ss7] asterisk oh323 - chan-ss7 echo problem

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Apr 19 01:01:27 MST 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 20:03 -0700, leonimar cape wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can someone give a suggestion on what I should do to
> omit the echo. Here is may scenario
>
>      ---  h323   ---   chan-ss7    ---
>  A---|  |--------|  |--------------|  |----B
>      ---         ---               ---
>     Nextone    Asterisk         DMS
>
> The calling party can hear every words he/she say
> after 1  to 2 seconds. But the called party can hear A
> with no echo and the quality is clear. I have already
> tried it in both digium (TE410P) and  sangoma card
> (AT104) and the results where the same. Is there any
> way that I can cancel the echo? Any particular
> settings that I have to change in the settings of the
> asterisk?

There is a nice Asterisk book you can buy online or download from
asteriskdocs.org that should answer a lot of the basic questions. And
there is a ton of info on www.voip-info.org.

About the echo: have a look in zapata.conf. Also make sure you run the
latest version of Asterisk, which is 1.2.7.1 at the moment. Imho the
best way to fight echo is to either get a Sangoma/Digium card with
hardware echo cancellation onboard or find Tellabs echo cans on eBay.

Regards,
Patrick