[asterisk-speech-rec] Speech To Text on linux with asterisk

LumenVox Support Support at LumenVox.com
Thu Sep 16 14:43:32 CDT 2010

Hello Roger,

LumenVox is the preferred vendor of speech recognition solutions for Asterisk. In fact, Digium wrote the connector bridge that serves as the interface between the two APIs. This means that its quite easy to install and configure the LumenVox ASR on your Asterisk platform. You can read more about our Engine here: http://www.lumenvox.com/products/speech_engine/

Our Voice Activity Detection (VAD) features allow you to easily discern when there is human speech vs dead air, even in noisy environments. I would be happy to discuss your project further if you'd like to contact me directly. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,
Matt Warshal
Technical & Sales Support
LumenVox
P: 1-877-977-0707 - just say "Support" or "Matt"
P: +1-858-707-7700
F: +1-858-707-7072
Support at LumenVox.com<mailto:Support at LumenVox.com>
www.LumenVox.com<http://www.lumenvox.com/>

From: asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Roger Anderson
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:16 PM
To: 'Use of speech recognition in Asterisk'
Subject: Re: [asterisk-speech-rec] Speech To Text on linux with asterisk

I signed up to this list a while ago. I'm also looking for some basic open-source speech reco. Even something as simple as "yes/no" or I'll even be happy with "yes, that's some kind of human speech vs. that was dead air".

I don't see much activity on Sphinx in the last three years, and it looks like kind of a pain to install. Anything out there? I'm willing to get something licensed, but because I'm using dynamic SIP ports, I don't really want to pay per port.

I'll probably end up using the AMD command via AGI but haven't had time to play around with it.

Thanks all,
Roger