[asterisk-speech-rec] Grammar Question

Adam Robins arobins at PharmaCentra.com
Wed Apr 21 07:52:14 CDT 2010

The speech engine does not handle DTMF, Asterisk does that.  The following code handles yes/no both verbally and DTMF:

Asterisk extensions.conf:

exten => s,1,Set(SPEECH_DTMF_MAXLEN=1)                              ; Set max # DTMF digits to accept per transaction
exten => s,n,SpeechCreate
exten => s,n,SpeechLoadGrammar(yesno|/opt/lumenvox/engine/Lang/BuiltinGrammars/ABNFBoolean.gram)
exten => s,n,SpeechActivateGrammar(yesno)
exten => s,n,SpeechBackground(is-this-john-smith|5)                 ; Ask your question and wait 5 sec for reply
exten => s,n,SpeechDeactivateGrammar(yesno)
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${SPEECH_TEXT(0)}" = "0"]?oper)              ; caller pressed "0" - go to Operator handler (not shown)
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${SPEECH_TEXT(0)}" = "true"]?score)          ; speech engine detected "yes"
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${SPEECH_TEXT(0)}" = "1"]?score)             ; caller pressed "1"
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${SPEECH_TEXT(0)}" = "false"]?score)         ; speech engine detected "no"
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${SPEECH_TEXT(0)}" = "2"]?score)             ; caller pressed "2"
exten => s,n,Goto(invalid)                                          ; unexpected response - go to retry logic (not shown)
exten => s,n(score),GotoIf($[${SPEECH_SCORE(0)} > 650]?proceed)     ; if speech engine was 65+% confident then accept response (not shown)
exten => s,n,Goto(nocomp)                                           ; confidence too low - go to "didn't understand" logic (not shown)

This should get you started.

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-speech-rec-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Bednar
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 4:43 PM
To: asterisk-speech-rec at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-speech-rec] Grammar Question

Hey all,
 Just started working with the Lumenvox ASR on asterisk and it's very
cool. However, I'm having some trouble with grammars. I have a test app
that I can use the digits grammar to enter a number and a yes/no grammar
to confirm things. Since the digits grammar will also accept input from
dtmf and give you that number I would also like to have the yesno
grammar accept dtmf (like 1 for yes or 2 for no) and output the yes or
no from that as well. Does anyone have a yes/no grammar setup to do
that? Or can you point me to where one might be? I've looked around and
there are plenty of basic yes/no grammar examples but I can't find any
that will accept dtmf as well and still output just the yes or no. TIA
to all.

Kevin