[asterisk-speech-rec] Spawn extension (dial-by-name, s, 2) exited non-zero

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon Oct 22 11:37:06 CDT 2007

> What is the file permissions required for a grammar file?  Is
> /etc/asterisk/grammars a default directory, or would it be specified
> somewhere

There is no default directory actually so I would recommend specifying the full path. Let me add that to my list.

> I am using the default examples from
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk%20Generic%20Speech%20API
> and I keep getting an non-zero exit from SpeechLoadGrammar.  I have tried
> specifying SpeechLoadGrammar(company-directory) and
> SpeechLoadGrammar(/etc/asterisk/grammars/company-directory.gram).  In either
> case it seems to fail and produce the non-zero status.

The complete console output along with lumenvox.conf would be useful. The only times I can think of where this issue would creep up is if SpeechCreate wasn't called, or was called and no license was available or if the grammar that was to be activated (per your other correction email) was not found.

Joshua Colp
Software Developer
Digium, Inc.