[asterisk-speech-rec] Asterisk 1.4.x fails to start automatically...

Carlos Chavez cursor at telecomabmex.com
Mon Mar 26 11:31:10 MST 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 22:08 -0400, Jared Smith wrote:
> On 3/23/07, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:
> >         The strange thing is that if I start asterisk by hand (asterisk
> > -vvvvvcg) or run the safe_asterisk command everything will work ok.
> > Only when asterisk tries to start with "service asterisk start" do I get
> > that error.
> >
> >         Anyone had this experience?
>
> This is due to the fact that LumenVox needs the environment variables
> set in order to load.  Those environment variables are not set in the
> initscript, so it fails to load.  If you start Asterisk manually, the
> environment variables have been set in your .bash_profile (or
> equivalent file -- I can't remember exactly where they are placed).

	So are there any modifications I can make to the /etc/init.d/asterisk
file so it will set the environment and not fail?  In a country where
power can fail at any time I need to make sure my server restarts
automatically every time.

--
Telecomunicaciones Abiertas de Mexico S.A. de C.V.
Carlos Chávez Prats