[asterisk-speech-rec] Asterisk 1.4.x fails to start automatically...

Jared Smith jsmith at sokol-associates.com
Fri Mar 23 19:08:46 MST 2007

On 3/23/07, Carlos Chavez <cursor at telecomabmex.com> wrote:
>         The strange thing is that if I start asterisk by hand (asterisk
> -vvvvvcg) or run the safe_asterisk command everything will work ok.
> Only when asterisk tries to start with "service asterisk start" do I get
> that error.
>
>         Anyone had this experience?

This is due to the fact that LumenVox needs the environment variables
set in order to load.  Those environment variables are not set in the
initscript, so it fails to load.  If you start Asterisk manually, the
environment variables have been set in your .bash_profile (or
equivalent file -- I can't remember exactly where they are placed).

-Jared