[asterisk-speech-rec] Pizza Demo Problems

randulo spamsucks2005 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 01:52:35 MST 2007

>  From personal experience I suggest at least 1GB of RAM for the machine
> running the SRE. The machine I use here at Digium has 2GB and the SRE
> occupies about 400MB of that. I'm actually surprised the SRE started...
> I think I tried running it in 512MB just for kicks a few months ago and
> it croaked.

Just for reference, the slowness was from some other problem. The demo
worked as expected with 512Megs. In fcat, I did add RAM, which as I
said was due anyway since the price is low these days, but this box
works about the same with 1gig as it did with 512 Megs. After all,
there's almost nothing running on the machine except asterisk and the
Lumenvox stuff. During the demo the CPU never gets above 1%. With the
1g RAM, swap used is zero.

randy