[asterisk-speech-rec] Lumenvox issue

Robert LaPoint blapoint at carolina.rr.com
Sat Sep 30 12:24:09 MST 2006

Hello All

I am trying to figure out why I have to load the lumenvox module manually.
If I load it from the modules.conf file asterisks fails to start. Basically
here are the steps I have to do to make lumenvox work.

1.	In the modules.conf file I have to do a noload
=>res_speech_lumenvox.so
2.	In the modules.conf file I do a preload => res_speech.so and load =>
app_speech.utils.so
3.	Reboot the server and let asterisk load.
4.	After asterisk is running do a stop now from the CLI
5.	After asterisk stops issue the asterisk -vvvvvvvvgc
6.	After that do a module load res_speech_lumenvox.so
7.	After all this asterisk and lumenvox will work fine until I have to
reboot the server again.

One other thing if I do an asterisk -r instead of an asterisk -vvvvvvvvgc,
when I issue the module load res_speech_lumenvox.so asterisk will shutdown.
I am running asterisk 1.4 now but had the exact same thing happen under
asterisk 1.2.12.1.