[asterisk-speech-rec] Re: Speech Recognition / 1.4beta3 + LumenVox

Craig Lawrence craig at mytel.net.au
Sun Oct 29 02:24:50 MST 2006

Hi All

I sent this question off to KP Fleming in the 1st instance as I was
under the impression that the Speech-Rec list is more technical than
commercial.

KPF has suggested that I post and seek the opinions of the community
(not a bad idea at all). So here’s a copy of my question:

20% voice answers instead of fax answers.

The client pays 3c per fax and would be happy to pay this for a voice
recorded announcement style message (i.e. autodialing to an existing
customer list and playing a pre-recorded message).

We can do the autodialing and message announcement however, currently,
at the conclusion to the message we would ask the caller to “press 1 to
continue” and at that point we would connect the customer to an agent.

We’d like to:
-          auto detect a fax machine or voice;
-          send a fax if fax tone detected;
-          if voice detected announce a simple speech recognition option
which includes the following“…if you would like to speak to one of our
friendly sales staff or hear more about this great offer, just say ‘yes’
now…..”;

Before we allocate our engineers to this task I wanted to check to see
if this is not only possible, but whether it would be considered stable
enough to be used in production.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Any comments / opinions would be appreciated.

Regards

Craig Lawrence
HYPERLINK "http://www.mytel.net.au"www.mytel.net.au

27/10/2006