[asterisk-speech-rec] When is a License used, why is SpeechDestroy() slow

rristroph at airlink.net rristroph at airlink.net
Mon Nov 20 15:47:01 MST 2006

Hi Folks,

    I have a couple of questions:

    1) When does the LumenVox check the license server to make sure there is a license available ?  Is it at SpeechCreate() or SpeechBackground() or the SpeechActivateGrammar() step ?  The reason why I ask, is that I have a system for which only a portion of each call will use Lumenvox, and I would like to figure out when the license has to be available, in order to estimate how many channel licenses I need for a certain call load.

    2) I started to solve the above problem by simply doing SpeechDestroy() in my dial plan when the speech recoginition part was done, in order to make sure it wasn't using the Lumenvox resouces thereafter -- but the SpeechDestroy() step seems to take a while to run, introducing a pause of a few seconds into the flow of the call -- why does it take so long ?  If I could fix this, I might not need the answer to the first question.

    Also, if I knew that the Lumenvox license was only used when you were actually recognizing things, then the answer to the second question might not matter.

   Any help that can be offered is appreciated !

--Rob