[asterisk-speech-rec] SpeechBackround: accepting DTMF and speech at the same time? Why?

Tom [toms400] toms400 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 17:15:10 MST 2006

The phone isn't purposely sending the tone down the line, it's just
loud enough that it's picked up by the engine as some sort of speech
and short enough that the speech engine stops listening and sends its
result.  I've set the vad_noise_filter as high as I can to a point
where it can still hear real speech (12000) but this feedback beep
still gets through.

I've been testing with a Uniden 900 MHz cordless.
http://www.uniden.com/products/productdetail.cfm?product=DXI986-2

Its the same behavior as using a softphone w/headset (and w/o headset)
and the speaker turned up.