[asterisk-security] Asterisk and DoS attack: What has been done so far?

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Wed Jan 30 06:34:54 CST 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:23:18AM -0500, Abu 'Ubayd Fadil wrote:
> I would really appreciate if anyone of you could give me some information
> (or even pointers) regarding DoS attacks and Asterisk.

Funny that you mention it, I was talking to somebody who experienced
a DNS based amplifier attack on his DNS servers last weekend and
pointed him to:

    Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 22:45:30 +1000
    From: Edwin Groothuis <edwin at mavetju.org>
    To: asterisk-dev at lists.digium.com
    Subject: [asterisk-dev] Asterisk servers as UDP amplifier

at

    http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2006-April/020038.html

Which does do the same but then with the SIP protocol.

Probably not the kind of attack you are looking for, but still
interesting.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org