[Asterisk-Security] Opportunistic encryption

steve szmidt steve at szmidt.org
Fri Jul 21 12:17:29 MST 2006

On Friday 21 July 2006 14:15, John Todd wrote:

> Feel free to discuss this with him and/or others that may be able to
> work on the project to make it happen.  Like any open-source package,
> anyone who makes the code will make it happen.  However, enough
> people asking the same question to a person who has the capability
> for the code will often convince them that there is actually a
> community interest and incite them to action...
>
> JT

Well, yes. I'm not holding back. I just did not actually duplicate that
particular email right.

Phil certainly has demonstrated an interest in aiding in accomplishing better
security. When I speak with him he is very easy going and willing to listen.

He's looking for feedback on his product, why don't we give him just that. The
more of us that do will no doubt make him more interested in our product..

Plus Asterisk has a good market share which can make it an interesting route
for someone who wants to contribute to something worthwhile.
--

Steve Szmidt

"To enjoy the right of political self-government, men must be
capable of personal self-government - the virtue of self-control.
A people without decency cannot be secure in its liberty.
			From the Declaration Principles