[Asterisk-Security] abt NAT issues and TCP support to Asterisk

Shidan shidan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 07:14:34 MST 2006

Well Kevin is right that media issues with nat are the main problem,
but nat related registration issue problems would disappear for one
thing. I can tell you that alot of calls from African countries are
resolved by using TCP SIP implementations, but then again maybe there
are other aspects of the SIP stacks we use in those implementations
that help (Vovida).

Also, as to your first post I think better congestion control and
faster retransmission rates are another benefit of using TCP over UDP.

Anyways as Kevin alluded to this thread belongs in the users list.

-----
Shidan